Quid Pro Quo Workplace Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Utah
Quid pro quo sexual harassment is a common form of harassment that occurs in workplaces. It can either involve a situation where benefits such as getting a job, promotion, or pay rise are made contingent upon the employees offering sexual favors usually to the employer, agent, or supervisor who has right to making personnel decisions. It may also be in form of detrimental discrimination or loss of employment-related benefits after turning down sexual advancements.
Access to Justice for Sexual Harassment
If you’re involved in a pro quo sexual harassment, many things go through your mind simultaneously. Not only can the harassment result in fear regarding your position, but the aftermath can be difficult to deal with as well. From worrying about your self-esteem, large medical expenses, depression, lost wages, to filing a claim, there will be a lot on your plate all at once. However, the experts at Hepworth & Associates understand what victims go through, and work to get them the help they need and the compensation they deserve.
Protecting Victims of Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment
In Utah, quid pro quo sexual harassment is prohibited; it is considered an "abuse of power" Ias far as matters of criminal law and violation of tort or labor law are concerned. When a sexually harassed victim files a case that meets the set legal standards, an employer usually has a hefty burden of proving that the accusation did not occur if he/she:
- Asked for sexual favors
- Received sexual advances
- Posted pornographic pictures that were seen by other workers
- Portrayed sexual remarks to employees
- Sent sexually explicit email
- Had a physical contact, including sexual assault
- Watched a co-worker in a locker room, bathroom, or dressing room
While it’s a norm for a sexually harassed victim to seek the help of an insurance company before contacting an attorney, most sexual cases need a great deal of effort to get full compensation. With our experienced lawyers on your side, we conduct the negotiations and work to get you a fair settlement. You can have a confidential discussion with our experienced attorneys who can discuss legal options depending on your situation and:
- Investigate the quid pro quo sexual harassment: We‘ve investigated different and complicated quid pro quo sexual harassment cases, and we know exactly what to look for in order to put up a solid case. Our legal team takes photographs, analyzes the workplace, and collects evidence to support your case.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf: Insurance adjusters are notorious for "lowballing" sexually harassed victim/s out of fair compensation. With the help of our qualified attorneys, we pursue your case to the end and ensure you get a fair compensation that you are entitled to.
- Complete legal paperwork: When you‘ve been subjected to quid pro quo sexual harassment, filling out stacks of legal paperwork is the last thing you would want to do. We‘ll handle this for you while you focus on getting enough time with your family to ease recovery. Leave it all to us; we don’t let insurance companies walk away from their responsibilities!
Victim of Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment? File a Claim with Our Help!
If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual abuse of any nature, it is important to seek the help of an attorney right away. Hepworth & Associates lawyers have years of experience representing sexually harassed victims and are ready to take your case. Our team strives to determine a fair settlement value at no cost, and we do not charge you unless you win the case.