Benjamin Lawrence focuses on developing quality relationships with clients and providing them with dedicated and personalized service.
Ben graduated cum laude from the S. J. Quinney College of Law, where he was a Leary Scholar. He received the top grade in his Lawyering Skills and Law & Literature courses and placed second in a regional ABA Negotiation Competition. He completed an internship with the Third District Office of the Guardian ad Litem, where he worked to represent the best interests of abused and neglected children in juvenile court.
Prior to law school, Ben earned a dual Bachelor’s in English and Architecture from the University of Utah and a Master’s in Shakespearean Studies from King’s College London. He volunteers for pro bono and low cost legal service programs, and enjoys reading, cooking, playing guitar, singing, and any activity involving power tools.
Ben Lawrence’s areas of practice include family and divorce mediation, divorce, custody, modification & enforcement, protective orders, adoption, paternity, and estate planning.
Mediator on the Utah Court Roster
Benjamin Lawrence is a mediator and he loves it! Ben has been to court many times representing one parent against another. While he is good at it, he enjoys collaborative solutions including mediation. Mediation allows parents to craft their own solutions which are often better than those crafted by the courts.
Attorney at Law | Senior Attorney
- University of Utah, Juris Doctorate (cum laude) (2012)
- King’s College London, Master’s in Shakespearean Studies. (2009)
- University of Utah, Bachelor’s in English (2003) and Architecture. (2004)
- Utah State Bar (2012)
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah (2012)
- Salt Lake County Bar Association (2013)
- Utah State Courts Roster of Domestic Mediators (2013)
- Domestic Mediation Mentor. (2020)
- Family and Divorce Mediation
- Modification & Enforcement
- Protective Orders
- Estate Planning