Protecting Victims of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can happen to anyone – even pedestrians who were carefully following the traffic laws. Pedestrian accidents are becoming an increasing source of concern in Utah, prompting increasingly aggressive campaigning by the Utah Department of Transportation to remind both pedestrians and drivers about pedestrian safety.
Even small cars outweigh people by thousands of pounds, so it doesn’t take much contact or speed to cause serious injuries. Even low-speed and low-impact collisions between vehicles and pedestrians can cause broken bones, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, neck and back injuries, or death.
In the aftermath of your pedestrian accident, you want to make sure you have someone on your side you can trust to always look out for your best interests. If you have been involved in an auto pedestrian accident in Utah, it is important to gather insurance information from the driver, get accurate contact information from the witnesses to the crash, and keep track of your medical bills.
Utah law places a high level of responsibility on motorists to avoid colliding with pedestrians and bicyclists. However, it can still be difficult to get car insurance companies to provide fair and adequate compensation to help you in your recovery from your auto pedestrian crash. Car insurance is supposed to help take care of all accident victims, including pedestrians. Don’t let the insurance company low-ball you or abandon their responsibilities completely when you can hire an aggressive Utah personal injury lawyer to fight for your rights.
At Hepworth Legal, we are dedicated to obtaining the best results for pedestrians who are injured in Utah. With four locations in Utah, we routinely advocate for individuals who have been struck by motor vehicles and help them obtain the fair financial compensation that they are entitled to. You can depend on our personal injury attorneys to do the same for your case.
Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Utah Can Help
The types of injuries the unprotected human body can sustain from a collision involving a moving vehicle can be catastrophic.
The possible injuries can include:
- Bone fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Puncture wounds
- Spinal injuries
- Massive internal bleeding
There are also medical complications, such as infections, that can occur in the future due to the severity of these injuries. Multiple medical procedures may be necessary, and you may require extensive rehabilitation and may be at risk of being permanently disabled and possessing extensive scarring. Being able to get back to having the quality of life you enjoyed before you were struck by a vehicle requires time and money.
We’ve Got You Covered – So You Can Focus on Recovery
At Hepworth Legal, our personal injury attorneys who handle pedestrian cases understand the impact such accidents can have on your life, which is why we work hard to obtain the financial compensation you need. You can pursue a monetary settlement for:
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing care
- Diminished earning ability
The Utah pedestrian attorneys at our law firm work to get you the compensation to which you are entitled by:
- Investigating the pedestrian accident. During our investigation, we work to identify the factors that contributed to the accident and hold the liable parties responsible. This may entail interviewing witnesses, evaluating the scene of the incident, taking photographs, reviewing police reports and video footage and more.
- Negotiating with the insurance company. We also contend with the insurance companies to obtain fair monetary compensation for victims of pedestrian accidents. Our committed attorney work to ensure that the insurance companies uphold their financial responsibilities.
- Completing legal forms. The amount of legal paperwork that you have to manage after your pedestrian accident may seem insurmountable. You can depend on us to efficiently guide you through the paperwork that can help with obtaining your compensation.
As your legal representation, we are committed to achieving favorable results in your case. From dealing directly with the insurance company so that you do not have to, and helping you handle the necessary legal paperwork, you can depend on us.
Injured in a Pedestrian Accident? Contact us for a Case Review – Let us help protect your rights, and schedule consultation today – call now 801-895-4408.